Discovering your next gig through an inspiration gallery
Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:12 am
My journey into showcasing creative work took an unexpected turn last year. The first platform I tried had a clunky interface that slowed everything down. The results were underwhelming at best. I realized quickly that context and curation matter more than flashy layouts.
The full comparison that shaped my direction is over at https://dribbble.com/.
Once I started selecting my best pieces the quality of feedback jumped noticeably. Explaining the reasoning behind design decisions made a huge difference for viewers. What did not work was trying to include everything I had ever made. Removing the weak ones was hard at first but it instantly improved the impression.
I had a senior colleague scan my curated picks and she pointed out what to drop. What they emphasized was the need for storytelling around each piece. Their critique helped me reframe the whole display as a problem-solving showcase.
In the end I found that less but better work produced the strongest results. Removing distracting transitions helped viewers concentrate on what matters. My recommendation to anyone starting out is begin with a brutal edit.
The full comparison that shaped my direction is over at https://dribbble.com/.
Once I started selecting my best pieces the quality of feedback jumped noticeably. Explaining the reasoning behind design decisions made a huge difference for viewers. What did not work was trying to include everything I had ever made. Removing the weak ones was hard at first but it instantly improved the impression.
I had a senior colleague scan my curated picks and she pointed out what to drop. What they emphasized was the need for storytelling around each piece. Their critique helped me reframe the whole display as a problem-solving showcase.
In the end I found that less but better work produced the strongest results. Removing distracting transitions helped viewers concentrate on what matters. My recommendation to anyone starting out is begin with a brutal edit.